Currently Oliver teaches Six Forms Taiji Qigong, 8, 16, 24 and 48 Forms, Modern Style (Xin Shi) Taijiquan, and Dr. Yang Yang’s Evidence Based Taijiquan and Qigong™ program.
Master Peng Youlian’s student since 1999.
- Is a certified Feldenkrais™ practitioner. This study has been of great benefit in understanding and teaching Taijiquan.
- Certified Instructor Dr. Yang Yang’s Evidence Based Taiji (EBT™) and Qigong program.
- Member of Peng You Taiji Quan Association
- Chaired the Steering Committee for the International Forum on Taijiquan 2006
- Level 7 Master Degree awarded by the Confederation of Canadian Wushu Organizations
I am grateful to all my teachers over the years in Thunder Bay, notably of course Master Peng, and also, Martii Ahonen, Peter Puna and Roy Stokes.
The Peng You Taiji Quan Association has sponsored visiting instructors invited here by Master Peng. Over the years I have benefited from courses of varying lengths taught in Thunder Bay by Dr. Paul Lam, Grandmaster Wang Jianhua, Master Jack Yan and Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei.
My most intense study with visiting teachers was with Grandmaster Zeng Nailiang and Master Wei Xianglian who taught in Thunder Bay for several months in both 2003 and 2004. In 2005 I spent 6 weeks in Fuzhou, China studying in Master Zeng Nailiang’s school.
Sometimes you are lucky to meet a teacher whose teaching style coincides with your dominant learning style. Since meeting Dr. Yang Yang at the International Forum on Taijiquan 2006, I have taken as many opportunities as I can to study with him in workshops, camps, teacher training sessions and when I am lucky with private lessons.